Island Getaway 2 :Labuan

Unlike Manukan Island which is all sand and beaches, Labuan is a city on an island. People come to Labuan mainly for its duty-free shopping. Cigarettes of all kinds, alcohol and chocolates are the most popular items here.

The main reason I chose Labuan as my holiday spot is because I would like to visit my old school, SBPL (Sekolah Berasrama Penuh Labuan) or as it is now known as SMSL (Sekolah Menengah Sains Labuan). I remember we used to race back to the hostel after prep class every night to avoid long queue in the laundry room. YES! We have to queue to wash our clothes because washing and ironing facilities were limited. There are a lot of changes to the school, new buildings, lots of trees, display corners.

My former school: SBPL

While there, my former classmate in SBPL, took me to visit all the places of interest in Labuan. We enjoyed reminiscing the good old days .

Labuan War Memorial

Labuan Chimney Museum
Labuan Bird Park

On the 11th of December, we had the chance to experience the full moon eclipse.. through our hotel window! Because I didn't have any sophisticated camera to capture the phenomenal event, my son's sony ericson mobile phone camera will do!

Full moon eclipse

On our last day, there was nothing much to do except shopping for chocolates! Yummyy!!

So, that was my island holiday!