Highland Getaway: Kundasang, Ranau

After two island getaways.. my holiday took on a different route.. A visit to the highland. One of the most famous places to visit is Kundasang, Ranau. Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Malaysia, is located here.

I had climbed the mountain thrice. First, when I was 19 years old, just finished schooling then. Secondly, while I was in Gaya College in early 90s (91 or 92, can't remember exactly). And lastly when I was struggling to get my degree in UMS, back in 2003 (or was it 2002?). I was a mom with 2 sons then!! If given a chance and a good health, I would love very much to climb it once again!!

As usual.. I'm kinda lazy with words.. so, let the photos tell the story.

On our way up. Mount Kinabalu is in the back!
Kinabalu National Park

Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort and Spa (formerly known as Perkasa Hotel)

Admiring the lush greenery
Poring Hot Spring, Ranau
We stayed at Celyn Resort Kundasang
The only disappointment was the road to the hotel.
Desa Cattle Farm, Kundasang. There's a moo, moo here, moo, moo there..!!
Kundasang War Memorial
On our way back..
Highland getaway.. that's a wrap!!!