Why Do Women Want to Look Pretty?

      Mr. Hubby and I were having a drink when a woman walked in. Her long straight hair bounces as she walked making her the centre of attention. She had her makeup on, dark shades on her eyelids, long thick  lashes, burning red lipstick on her pouty lips, pinkish cheeks, skin so shimmering and smooth and those big brown blue eyes, apparently she wore contact lenses!  Her svelte figure with curves all at the right places was clearly outlined under her tight modern baju kurung (a traditional costume). She was just gorgeous! How could a man not fall in love with such beauty?

      And then out of the blue, Mr Hubby popped this question: Why do women want to look pretty?



      The question paralyzed my thought for a while. I  just stared at him blankly. And at the back of my mind later on, I could feel a lot of urges to respond to him but words didn't find their way out.

      So, why do women want to look pretty? I believe every woman has different answers to this question. We have our own reasons to look the way we wanted other people to see us. I cannot answer for them but to me, being pretty is not a necessity but having a presentable appearance is. But how do I define 'a presentable appearance'?

      For me a presentable appearance is when people look at you and they have nothing to complain or compliment. It is a 'just nice' kind of appearance. I don't have to be so damn sexy, having a figure like J Lo or Beyonce, but I don't want to be too fat or too skinny either ( laugh! I don't think I can ever come to this skinny thingy)

      As for the face, yes I do wear makeup but not overly paint myself. Face powder, foundation, eyeshadow, eye liner, blusher and lipstick are all that I need. I don't even put on any mascara.

      I think my idea of beauty is the most simple. As long as I am comfortable with myself then I should be ok.

      "So, darling.. why do you think women want to look pretty?" Mr. Hubby repeated his question.
     "I think God has created women to behave that way. So, you better ask God honey." was my answer to his question.