Masterchef-ing Myself

Today, I am going to post an entry about my cooking. Although I love all kind of food and go for any local or western food, my cooking skills are limited to local dishes. I can cook local dishes like curry, asam pedas, chicken rice, fried rice, char kway teow, beef rib soup, mee soup (noodle soup) and a few more but most of the time I like to create my own dish. Creating my own dish doesn't mean I am inventing a new recipe at all but rather adding a few ingredients here and there to an existing dishes.

Today, I am cooking veggie and mushrooms soup, I name it 2+2 Chicken Soup (2 types of mushrooms and 2 types of tuber plants). The recipe is very simple and the ingredients can be added or changed to suit your taste. 

Happy cooking!!
The Ingredients for the soup are: carrot, radish, chicken (skinless), dried shiitake mushrooms, canned button mushrooms, creamed corn, garlic and onion (missing ingredient is ginger!). While for the chicken, I marinated it for one hour with oyster sauce, soy sauce, a bit of sugar, salt and turmeric powder.


Stir-fry onion and garlic until golden brown.Then add chicken and stir-fry for a few minutes. Pour about 4 cups of water into the mixture and allow to boil. Add carrots, radishes and mushrooms. Simmer for 5 minutes. Finally add the cream corn and salt to taste.
It is best to eat with white rice. So, that's my lunch for today.

BURP!!!!